MY CURRENT READING LIST
The Books I’ve Bought, Am Reading & Recommend
I’ll let you into a secret, something you might not know about me, i’m a compulsive book buyer. Hardbacks are my weakness, coffee table books on fashion, travel, food, photography, interiors, you name the book, I have it. Magazines and fictions don’t go amiss either. I love to read and I love to look at pictures, so something that combines the two, beautiful visuals and inspiring words, has me by the cover most the time. I probably order one or two books a week. My flat is just covered.
I for one feel like it’s an okay obsession to have, after all a book inspires, teaches, informs AND looks pretty on my coffee table. But if there was a downside to this addiction I have, it’s that I often don’t have the spare time required to read them all as soon as I buy them. Of course big coffee table books are easy to flick through and devour every page, but some of my longer books I start and often dip back into when I can. My pace of book buying means I often have quite the back log of books waiting to be enjoy, this is exasperated when it comes to fiction novels, because I really need to have brain space to start a new book or a sun lounger by the sea to settle into. Once I start one, I’ll stay up all night until it’s finished, but when things are busy in work, I sometimes lack the energy to begin (you might even notice some of the books from this post still awaiting reading). All of this means I have quite the pile of books on my bedside table awaiting a little ‘me time’ to enjoy.
I thought I might share them with you today, to inspire your book list and up coming reads.
MY READING LIST
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz, by Heather Morris (SHOP HERE)
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman (SHOP HERE)
- The Muse, Jessie Burton (SHOP HERE)
- Sheltering Rain, by Jojo Moyes (SHOP HERE)
- Homo Dues, by Yuval Noah Harari (SHOP HERE)
- The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simison (SHOP HERE)
- Small Great Things, by Jodi Picoult (SHOP HERE)
COFFEE TABLE BOOKS
- Eat, Drinks, Nap, by Soho House (SHOP HERE)
- Aimee Song: World of Style, By Aimee Song (SHOP HERE)
- Design Anthology UK
- Chasing Slow, Erin Loechner (SHOP HERE)
- Calm The F**K Down, Sarah Knight (SHOP HERE)
- Designing Your Life: Build the Perfect Career, Step by Step, by Bill Burnett (SHOP HERE)
- Get Your Shit Together Journal, by Sarah Knight (SHOP HERE)
- Deliciously Ella The Plant-Based Cookbook, Ella Mills (SHOP HERE)
- Borough Market Cookbook, by Ed Smith (SHOP HERE)
- Nourish & Glow, by Amelia Freer (SHOP HERE)
- In Paris / A Paris, (SHOP HERE)
- Sundays In Paris: An insider’s guide on where to eat, drink and explore, Yasmin Zeinab (SHOP HERE)
- London Weekend Journal (SHOP HERE)
- Suitcase Magazine
I love having a house filled with books; fictions, coffee table books and lifestyle books I love them all. If I get a minute spare I’ll always pick one up for a little browse, and often find myself going back to my lifestyle books time and time again. Many of the above are sequels or new releases from authors I love, magazines I buy each month, lifestyle books I’ve been recommended by friends, and simply books on places I adore. A few of these i’m mid reading, some i’ve just finished and others are ready and waiting to be picked up … I constantly buy books, my book pile is ever evolving, I think reading is both therapeutic and inspiring and so thats a good enough excuse as any for the volume of books I purchase, these are my latest buys this last month or two, I hope they might inspire something new for you to pick up.
I’d love to hear the books you’re loving right now or the authors you go back to time and time again?